Where a factory includes low and high care areas, the two will be separated by a physical barrier for segregation. The purpose of the physical segregation is to provide a self-contained area where uncovered (i.e. unprotected) high risk products are handled after the microbiological kill step (e.g. thermal processing/cooking), until fully protected, usually by means of final packaging. The segregating barrier must be capable of preventing the risk of cross contamination from the movement of all people, products and equipment into the high care area, except through designated ports with sanitising controls in place.
• Destroys bacteria on food and protects at all stages from farm to fork.
• Ozone is effective on all orientations and destroys pathogens in areas where traditional disinfectants are unable to reach.
• Ozone is effective in dry (Gas phase) and wet (Aqueous phase) environments.
• Ozone is not subject to Maximum Residue Levels (MRLs).
• Ozone reduces the need for harsh chemicals, the handling and storage of chemicals and removes the consumable cost of chemicals.
• Ozone can help reduce product fails and recalls, which mitigates the risk of damage to the company brand and reputation.